Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 - Here, Home, Hope By: Kaira Rouda

Happy New Year Bookies
Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions???
This year for me is a big one; it will bring me some joys and some good sadness…
I will get to watch my oldest son Graduate High School; then the next day I will hit the Big 4-0…
I will then embark on another joyful day My Husband and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage.
I will also get 2 new additions to our family a niece or nephew and a new sister in law.
I have also been at my job for 15 years… This brings me to my resolutions and changes in my life.
I read a book right after I turned 39, Here, Home, Hope by Kaira Rouda
This book made me look at me and I asked myself what I wanted to do for me…
So I purchased some post-its and away I went. I love reading and one day an Author sent me a message asking to review his book and it kinda stuck… I loved it, I am able to chat about books, talk to some authors and bloggers. I have met some amazing and great people along the way. I will have my Blog for one year in May and I have enjoyed it all…. I want to thank the authors and other book bloggers and reviewers I have nagged and picked apart their brain.
It is never too late to do something for yourself and for your family no matter what it is… Just get out there and try something new.
Here, Home, Hope
By Kaira Rouda
Synopsis:
 Kelly Mills Johnson becomes restless in her thirty-ninth year. An appetite for more forces her to take stock of her middling middle-American existence and her neighbors' seemingly perfect lives. Her marriage to a successful attorney has settled into a comfortable routine, and being the mother of two adorable sons has been rewarding. But Kelly's own passions lie wasted. She eyes with envy the lives of her two best friends, Kathryn and Charlotte, both beautiful, successful businesswomen who seem to have it all. Kelly takes charge of her life, devising a midlife makeover plan.
As above I loved this book, I enjoyed the character Kelly, I wanted to have a cup of coffee and talk shop…
Kaira wrote this book with such passion for someone that is in need for a little enlightenment.
Happy New Year to you all, Happy Reading and hopefully we can keep this up for another year or so…

No comments:

Post a Comment