Thursday, June 6, 2013

Books Vs Ereaders

Ok, I have to put this out here, Books or e-Readers that is the question?

Which do you prefer? Well I have to say since I am into my gadgets! I love my Nook Tablet HD+
But, there was a day when I said I love my books, I will never go to an e-reader. Then when my Mom bought her simple touch. On a road trip, I checked it out. Oh my goodness I fell in love with it...
My husband trying to be sneaky while I was gone purchased me the new nook tablet first edition and I loved it. I have now upgraded to the big HD+ and now I use it for everything. keyboard attachment and all. Blogging away. I have my love of my Nook the Kindle app, Google Books and an Audible app to boot right here at my fingertips. But is it better than a Book?

I love hitting the book stores locals and large company (Barnes and Noble) book stores. My husband and I get coffee and browse the selections and aisles of books. I could flip through the pages for hours and hours. My husband still reads books and listens to audiobooks. So I will never lose that book in my hand feeling as I still feel buying a book or or borrowing a book from the local Library is great. I also still purchase a few of my favorite Authors in book format and put my name in the hat for giveaways all the time.
But the bad thing hit a few weeks ago, when I won a book I loved the way it was made the frayed edges and so old looking. But when I opened the book the print was so tiny, I could not read it, then I went outside to read at the picnic table and the wind was blowing and my pages were flapping around, I marched inside and turned on my trusty nook and bought the book on the spot!!! Big Font bright coloring and the wind did not make me lose my place.
So, however you choose, I will not place judgement!!! Just read with whatever you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment